Saturday, August 1, 2009

Your Online Home Based Business Needs One Key For Success

Some keys to an internet business are absolutely essential for success. If you want to have success with an online business there is one thing you absolutely must have. If you don't have this important piece of the business pie, nothing else matters. You can have a great website with amazing grapics and sales copy that converts. But this won't help you at all. You can have the best product with a super offer but it will not even matter. If you don’t have the life blood of a great web business nothing else matters. What is the most important aspect of any business? Customers. If you don’t have customers you don’t have anything.

 

Customers are the fuel that drives any business. Everything must be centered on getting customers if you want to make money with an online business opportunity. You need to spend only 10% of your time on the site and the other 90% on getting customers also known as traffic.

 

There are two types of traffic on the web. Social traffic and buying traffic. Social traffic is the group of people just looking around. These people have a name, tire kickers. They are not ready to buy anything. The social traffic is notoriously hard to make any money off of because they are not in the buying mood.

 

Buying traffic is also known as search traffic. Search traffic is the people who want a solution to a problem and are willing to pay. This is the type of traffic you want to target for your internet business. because they already have their credit cards and are ready to buy a solution.

 

There are two methods to tapping into this buying traffic. You can have your website listed in the search pages for free or you can buy ads with PPC or Pay Per Click. Both of these methods work but I like the free method best because it’s FREE.

 

Google has the largest search network so that is the one to target. If you want your website to get traffice from Google you must be liste in one of the top spots when people search for what you are selling. For example, if you are selling “Red Dog Collars” you want your site to show up at the top of the page when someone searches for this term. A term like this is known as a keyword phrase.

 

So how do you get to the top of the search page? You make Google realize that you are the authority for “Red Dog Collars.” First you build a site about the subject. Then you spend your time showing Google you are an expert. You do this by getting other websites to link to you saying you have great information on “Red Dog Collars.These type of links are backlinks and they are like gold when it comes time to rank on the search page. Each time another website links to your site with the keyword "Red Dog Collars," there is another vote to Google saying you are the expert and thus Google is more likely to send you traffic. When all is said and done the site with the most "Red Dog Collars" links is going to be at the top and will be more likely to have people visit.

 

About 40% of the people who search for a term will visit the first site listed in the search result page. So you can see that being in the top spot is very important. These people searching are people looking to buy a solution for their problem. Learning how to get to the top of the search page results is one of the most important skills you can develop to get more buying traffic to your site. Find out more at the Christian Business Opportunity blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment